Tented Adventures at the Pilanesberg
Tented Adventures Slide
Tented Adventures at the Manyane Resort
Tented Adventures at the Manyane Resort
Tented Adventures at the Manyane Resort
Your private tent.
Tented Adventures camp at night
Lounge @ Tented Adventures at the Manyane Resort
Hot Air Balloon Safaris
Tented Adventures Camp at night
Manyane, Pilanesberg – Just a stone’s throw away from Johannesburg and Pretoria, Pilanesberg makes for a great weekend getaway, complete with the Big Five on your doorstep.
Tented Adventures Pilanesberg is located within the Manyane Resort in the well-known Pilanesberg National Park, a malaria free area and home to Africa’s Big 5. Our tented safari camp offers an affordable authentic safari experience where you will be hosted by local safari guides and where we
have regular visits from resident Impalas, Warthogs and Banded Mongooses.
Our safari experience includes daily morning and afternoon open vehicle safaris. We also offer optional activities including hot air balloon rides, guided walks, visits to the local cultural museum, spa treatments and loads of activities at Sun City including golf, Valley of the Waves and adventure activities.
Our intimate safari camp has 8 safari tents all equipped with comfortable beds, luxurious linen, electricity, camp chairs, carpeted flooring, large windows with mosquito nets; there is a large tented lounge and dining area and an inviting fire pit. Our communal bathrooms (shared with the Manyane
Resort camping grounds) and safari tents are serviced daily and each tent has a small deck looking onto the camp fire. The safari tents have two single beds (can be converted into a double) and a fan to cool you down in summer and electric blankets to warm the cold winter evenings.
- The Experience
- The Camp
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rands • Subject to availability|
to 31 Oct 2019
|Per Person Per Night DBB||R1 240|
|Per Person Per Night DBB plus 2 Game Drives||R1 830|
Please be advised that we offer two rates – DBB and DBB plus 2 Game Drives. However, if guests want to book on a DBB basis only, they can always book game drives once at the camp at R450 per person per game drive.
Rates are per person per night
- Please be advised that we offer two rates – DBB and DBB plus 2 Game Drives. However, if guests want to book on a DBB basis only, they can always book game drives once at the camp at R450 per person per game drive.
- 30% deposit required to secure a reservation
- Final balance payable 30 days prior to arrival (or if within 30 days, full payment to secure the reservation)
- Dinner, bed & breakfast
- Early morning and late afternoon game drive per person per night
- Welcome drink
- Conservation / entrance fees on scheduled game drives
- Wine during dinner
- Items of a personal nature
- Game drives, if booked on a DBB basis
- Pilanesberg National Park permit fees if guests take their private vehicles into the park
Terms and conditions
- All bookings are considered confirmed when full payment is received
- All bookings are subject to availability
- No children under the age of 6 years
- Area – Pilanesberg National Park
- Big 5 Reserve – Yes
- Malaria Area – No
- Distance from JHB – 3hrs
- Swimming pool – Yes
- Wheel Chair friendly – No
- Spa – Yes
- Cell Phone Signal – Good coverage
- Wi-Fi – No
- Card Facilities – Yes
- Number of rooms – 5
- Room Type – Safari Tents
- Air conditioning – No (fans)
Cancellation terms and conditions:
- No show or cancellation within 14 days of stay – No refund due.
- Cancellation between 15 and 30 days before stay – 25% of the deposit will be refunded.
- Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before stay – 50% of the deposit will be refunded
- Cancellation more than 60 days before stay – full refund.
We can also provide transfers from Johannesburg/Pretoria:
- R2620 per person return
- 10h00 pick up at guest accommodation; the return leaves the camp at 14h00 (negotiable, depending on other transfers); journey time approximately 2h30/3h depending on traffic.
Please see a little bit of information regarding the camp:
- Our camp is based at Manyane Resort, Pilanesberg National Park, within the Manyane Resort camping grounds.
- Check in is at 14h00, with check out being at 11h00.Dinner is served at the Camp once guests have returned from the scheduled game drives (drives return around 20h00 approximately); and breakfast is served at the Manyane Resort Restaurant (between 08h00 and 11h00 over weekends; 10h00 on weekdays).
- The game drive departures are at 05h30 and 16h30 (summer – September to end April) and 06h00 and 16h00 (winter – May to end August) and our guests should be ready at the vehicle 15 minutes prior to departure.Game drives are approximately 3 hours in duration.If the reservation is on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis only, game drives can also be booked directly at the camp at a rate of R450 per person per drive. Tented Adventures have credit card facilities for Visa and Mastercard (we do not handle cash).It is always advisable to bring warm/waterproof clothing for the game drives, please (for the winter months – jackets, scarves, gloves, beanies etc).
- With regards to drinks – we only provide tea/coffee/water at our camp, with wine at dinner. Please do bring your own refreshments (alcoholic too) (although there is a small shop in the camping site and also the bar at the main resort if necessary). We have a fridge to keep all the items cold.
- Our ablution facilities are within the Manyane Resort camping site, close to us, and they are shared with the camping grounds – we do provide bath towels.
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool facilities at Manyane Resort – but please bring your own swimming towels.
- There are a number of routes to get to Manyane Resort, depending also on where you are coming from.The GPS coordinates are:25°15'19.5"S 27°13'16.0"E.I have attached a link below from Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport.
Important to note, please - once you arrive at Security at Manyane Resort, they will direct you to Reception.Please, do not have go to the Manyane Resort Reception (we are a private camp within their camping grounds).When driving into Manyane Resort the road forks; follow the right hand fork into the camping grounds and we are the first tents as you enter the camping area on the right hand side of the road.Parking can be found at the further end of our Camp.Should you require assistance, please call us on 076 146 1468 and we can direct you.
Upon confirmation of a reservation, we would also require the following information:
- Names and Surnames of all guests
- Any specific dietary requirements, allergies or medical conditions
- Expected time of arrival
- Expected time of departure
- Mode of transport to the lodge
- Contact numbers while travelling
- Any special occasion you are celebrating (if birthday or anniversary, please supply date)
- Any special requests?
- Do you have any special interests (Photography / Birding / Big 5)
Tented Adventures – An unforgettable, authentic tented safari experience.
“Experiencing a true South African safari” is probably right up at the top of your bucket list. And for good reason too. Wide open savannahs, diverse terrain, endless open African skies and, of course, the chance to get up close with the Big 5! Join Tented Adventures for an authentic safari experience that you will never forget. From the moment you arrive at camp until you tear yourself away to return to reality, everything will be taken care of... Your camp hosts will greet you with a refreshing welcome drink and then show you to your comfortable safari tent, kitted out with real beds, crisp hotel-grade linen, fans for those hot summer nights and electric blankets if it gets a bit chilly. But don’t settle in just yet – your first game drive awaits!
Our experienced safari guides will take you out in one of our game viewing vehicles so you can tick off your close encounters with the Big 5 on your list, plus come face-to-snout with a whole host of other interesting creatures too. They have extensive knowledge of the area, know where the animals like to hang out, and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Once the sun has set and you’ve had your fill of fresh air and sweet nighttime bush scents, we’ll head back to camp where the fires are crackling and your hosts have prepared a mouthwatering feast. Sip on a sundowner in the communal area and relax in the cool evening air, before sitting down under the stars to a delicious bush dinner.
When the stories have been told and the fires are low, your comfortable “nest” in your safari tent awaits, and you’ll fall asleep to the tranquil sounds of the African wilderness all
Your stay includes a full buffet breakfast and a delicious bush dinner served with wine prepared by your hosts (Benni is fast becoming a legend with our past guests - word has it that his secret chicken marinade is out of this world!) Every morning and late afternoon you'll head out for a game drive with our experienced guides to track down the Big 5! In your down time, read a book under a tree, chill out in the communal area or head to one of the pools in Manyane for a cool-off swim.
Guided walks, spa treatments, hot air balloon rides, visits to the local cultural museums and historical sites, as well as the famous Sun City, are on offer.
Tented Adventures offers a comfortable daily transfer service to and from our tented camps in the Pilanesberg and the Kruger National Park. Let us take care of the driving while you sit back and relax in one of our 10-seater Toyota Quantum shuttles. Contact us now to plan your trip!
Pilanesberg National Park
Pick up from:
- Hotel/guesthouse (Johannesburg or Pretoria)
- OR Tambo International Airport
- All Gautrain stations
- R2 200.00 return | R1 200.00 one-way
The Pilanesberg camp is made up of eight safari tents; each equipped with comfortable beds, luxurious linen, camp chairs, electricity, carpeted flooring and large windows with mosquito nets. Tents are made up of two single beds and are equipped with a fan to cool you down in summer and electric blankets to warm you up in winter. The communal bathrooms, a short walk from the campsite, and safari tents are serviced daily. Each tent has a small deck overlooking the communal fire pit – set up in front of the tented lounge and dining area, where we'll serve you an amazing dinner before roasting marshmallows, laughing and telling stories around the campfire.
Tented Adventures Gallery