Tambotie Forest Lodge
Nestled in the Black Rhino Game Reserve, forming part of the
Pilanesberg National Park, guests will find three individual, elegant
and spacious lodges offering 57 000 hectares of fauna and flora to
explore. This self catering lodge is ideal for a family or a group of
people looking to experience the Big 5 in a private and exclusive
setting. Our safari lodge is serviced daily, includes a
qualified ranger and a 10-seater safari vehicle.
Tamboeti Forset Lodge Slide
Tamboeti Forset Lodge Slide
- Big 5 Game Reserve
- 4 Elegant Suites
- 2.5 hours from Johannesburg
- Exclusive use Entire Lodge
|TAMBOTIE FOREST LODGE (sleeps 8 + 4 children under 10)||01 Jan 2020 to 31 Dec 2020|
|Midweek rate per night Sundays-Thursdays ( LOW)||R 9 900|
|Fridays,Saturday’s, public holidays,School holidays & long weekends (PEAK)||R11 500|
|TAMBOTIE FOREST LODGE (sleeps 8 + 4 children under 10)||01 Jan 2021 to 31 Dec 2021|
|Midweek rate per night Sundays-Thursdays ( LOW)||R11 500|
|Fridays,Saturday’s, public holidays,School holidays & long weekends (PEAK)||R13 500|
The thatched lodge comprises 4 air-conditioned bedrooms with a king-size bed and a child-only sleeper couch in each. Each room has an en-suite bathroom with a shower, bath, toilet and basin, as well as an outdoor shower. The main area includes an open-plan kitchen, lounge and dining area. The kitchen is equipped for self-catering with a fridge, an oven and stove, and a microwave, as well as a Nespresso machine and an ice machine. There is a TV with selected DStv channels in the lounge, and the lodge is equipped with free Wi-Fi throughout. The lodge features a lovely braai area, a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi for guests to enjoy.
take the R512 past
Hartbeespoort Dam and exit onto the N4 toward Rustenburg
Pretoria, take the N1 north and exit onto the N4 toward
- Continue along the N4, take R556 (Sun City / Pilanesberg National Park) exit
- Turn right at the stop, proceed onto the R556 and continue on towards Sun City
- Pass the Sun City gate and Sun Village Shopping Centre (both on the right)
- At the four-way stop turn right onto R565 Derdepoort Road
- Continue on for approx. 27mk - the entrance to Black Rhino Game Reserve is in the right
- Sign in at the main gate and they will direct you to Tambotie Forest Lodge
- Accommodation exclusive use
- a private game ranger and Safari vehicle and two guided game drives per day (2.5hrs each)
- Daily housekeeping services
- Firewood & Ice
- Daily park and conservation fees
- All food and drink items
- Staff Tips
Our Policy States that children of all ages are welcome on the gamedrive, but at the discretion of the ranger. When you are on game drive and go into an animal sighting it is imperative for everyone’s safety that all guests can remain still and quiet.
No self driving is allowed in the Black Rhino Reserve.
Groceries for your stay can be bought on the way at Hartebeespoort Dam or Rustenburg Waterfall Mall ( Checkers and Woolworths)
The closest airport is Lanseria (Johannesburg), roughly 2,5hours drive from the lodge. If you are flying by private charter/plane you can arrange landing at Pilanesberg airport which is a 30min drive from the lodge Transfers: Guests can organize their own or contacts us for recommendations
- More than 1 month before check-in: 50% deposit refunded
- More than 2 weeks before check-in: 25% deposit refunded
- Less than 2 weeks before check-in: 0% deposit refunded
Tambotie is an exclusive use lodge,you have to book all the suites at the lodge for a minimum of 2 nights.
We can accommodate 8 guests at Tambotie (any child that has already turned 10 counts towards that total, any under 10yrs old can stay over and above 8 allowance) This is non-negotiable not because we don’t have space but we are governed by the Black Rhino Game Reserve and they limit the number of guests permitted. Max occupancy for Tambotie if including children under 10yrs is 12 guests. 8 in beds and 4 on single sleeper couches.
Check-in: 14:00 to 19:00
Tamboeti Forest Lodge Gallery